Frequently Asked Questions
Find out how many stools you can fit at your bar or counter, or simply find out what height stools you need.
If we don't answer it below, one of our friendly associates would be more than happy to answer your questions in person, over the phone or through email.
WHAT HEIGHT STOOLS SHOULD I GET?
When it comes to dining, bar and counter heights, all three are standard and most of the stools we carry will come in all three sizes.
- Dining height ranges from 28-30" from the floor to the top of the table and the corresponding chair height is roughly 18-20" to the top of the seat.
- Counter height is generally between 35-37" and a counter stool will measure 24-26" to the top of the seat.
- Bar height is 40-42" to the top of the table and a bar stool measures 30-32" to the seat.
- If a surface is higher than 42", it is considered a custom height and a custom height stool is required. Custom Height stools will range from 34-36" to the top of the seat.
The distance from the top of a stool to the top of the surface of the table is usually between 10-12".
HOW MANY STOOLS CAN I FIT AT MY BAR OR COUNTER?
- Seat widths can range anywhere from 15" to 24"
- The recommended space allowance per stool is between 21-25"
STATIONARY VS. SWIVEL STOOLS?
A barstool with a swivel can reduce wear and tear on wood or tile floors because they do not need to be pulled out as often.
A stationary stool reduces the risk of damage to both counter tops and the frame of the stool.